Dear Readers--
Anyone who appreciates B-Movies may be interested to know that The Globe Theatre (formerly the Valley Twin) in Fortitude Valley will be presenting Battle of the B-Grades on Sunday, 24th of May.
From 2 pm, for the reasonable price of $15 (or $5 for a single session) - they will be showing: The Blob, The Brain that Wouldn't Die, Plan 9 from Outer Space, Robot Monster, &, Attack of The Killer Tomatoes.
While your Humble Servant has already seen most of these charming Moving Pictures (with the exception of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes) - he shall be in attendance simply to see them in their natural environment of the Cinema.
Keep watching the skies!
Mild Colonial Boy, Esq.
[Update: Unfortunately due to the Influenza, the Mild Colonial Boy was unable to attend. Drat it. Denied again the opportunity to see Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
First class, sir. I salute your commitment to the better things.
(Be warned, however, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is not the genuine article but rather glib pastiche.)
Thank you for your kind words Sir. And thank you for the warning about Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I had heard that it was a bit on the tiresome and laboured side. Still I had wanted to see it and the others. Unfortunately a dreadful Lurgi has prevented me from attending.
Ah, the Valley Twin...a la recherche du temps perdu!
In my youth I saw several memorable moving pictures there, including 'Steppenwolf', featuring with the accomplished Swedish actor Max von Sydow, and 'Meetings with Remarkable Men', which, as I recall, contained some remarkable footage of authentic whirling dervishes. However, the titles you mention, MCB, I am not familiar with...
How sad that you were forced to miss such an airing of rampant vegetables!
Post a Comment