Now for a Word from Our Advertisers

Saturday, December 27, 2008

A little something for those partaking of TOO MUCH Christmas spirit.

(Warning: Do Not Try To Read While Inebriated)

drunk_soberin

(HT Modern Mechanix)

6 comments:

stephenhopewell said...

Mild Colonial Boy, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!

If you get the chance, it would be great to see more from the anti-suffrage piece you quoted recently - I wonder what the actual arguments are against suffrage.

Mild Colonial Boy, Esq. said...

I shall endeavour to do so Mr Hopewell, when I have the time. In the meantime if you have the bandwidth available a more readable version of "The Unexpurgated Case against Woman Suffrage" than the Gutenberg version can be downloaded and/or read at the The Internet Archive here. Other links to articles on the subject are also available here.

Carter said...

A highlight from Appeal of P.S. Docket No. 2/36- SOBERIN AIDS COMPANY:

"Dr. Staker testified that the taking of this product as directed would produce violent vomiting. Dr. Lampe testified, and I made a note which I believe to be accurate, that one tablespoon would not provide violent vomiting. In any event, Dr. Lampe defines violent vomiting as that vomiting which extends over a rather lengthy period of time. Violent vomiting can also be that kind of vomiting which occurs in the period of a short space of time, but which produces severe stress and strain upon the body of the person who is vomiting."

Mild Colonial Boy, Esq. said...

Thank you Mr Carter for this additional information. It is typical of our litigious society that such public benefactors as Dr Staker are needlessly persecuted for their selfless actions.

Carter said...

Indeed. I suspect his provactive style of capitalization had something to do with it as well.

Mild Colonial Boy, Esq. said...

Mr Carter,

It is possible that His style of Capitalisation may have contributed to the production of "violent vomiting".