For something a bit different, Slim Dusty sings a slightly adapted version of A.B. "Banjo" Paterson's The Man from Snowy River.
Slim Dusty -- The Man from Snowy River
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Copyright © 2010 The Anti-Jacobin
Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates
3 comments:
I don't think Slim could ever sing a wrong note or song.
Mind you, he's a little off-key of late but give him a moment to lubricate his vocal cords.... :P
Thought you might be interested in this, MCB. It's my own parody version of The Man from Snowy River... well, it's more a burlesque on the themes/structures of Lawson. I read this a few weeks ago at the Dan O'Connel, the pub I normally read poems at... it seemed to go down well.
I admit to being totally ignorant about Slim Dusty but I will do my best to rectify this sad omission in my education. Loved it.
Post a Comment