In honour of Judith Durham's birthday here are are few classic Seeker songs. They don't make groups like this anymore - an angelic voice, no crude lyrics, no troubling schenanigans and so very well presented.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You know we'll never find another ewe like Judith.
'Georgy Girl' is one of the first pop songs I remember singing in my childhood. What a shame about Judith's recent attempt to re-write Advance Australia Fair with lyrics that have strong new-age, animist overtones.
Jayne: That's terrible.
Pastor: I grew up in a house that played the Seekers regularly. I didn't know about Judith's recent rewriting of 'Advance Australia Fair" - but after looking at it - I was horrified. Australians should go back to singing "God Save the Queen" and stop all this new Age, Republican nonsense.
Deuce it all, you're right, old boy! Animism? Pshaw! Progressive lyrics to the national hymn? Twaddle! Bring back fearing God and honouring the Queen as a Gentleman's raison d'etre; and let anyone who complains get six of the best, trousers down, from 'Old Buggers' the Latin Master.
Oddly enough, I want to cry whenever I hear the music of The Seekers. I can't explain why; there's something indescribably melancholic about their music. But enough of that, I'm going to thrash a servant until I feel like a man again.
Post a Comment