Dear Readers--
From the Daily Telegraph (U.K.):
But now William Wordsworth's most famous poem has been reworked and rewritten in a hip-hop style - complete with drum beat and quick-fire rhymes - in an effort to draw a younger generation of visitors to the Lake District.
Cumbria Tourism, which has released the new version of I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud to mark the 200th anniversary of the original, hopes the rap and accompanying video will appeal to the "YouTube generation".
So a video of a rapper in a giant squirrel outfit (called M.C. Nuts) dancing around to such lyrics as:
Must have been 10,000 I saw in my retina
No more than a glance then I register they’re beautiful etcetera
I never knew in advance but they were tossing up their heads like a pogo dance
is meant to bring the "youth" into the Lake Districts? I wonder what their slogan is: "Come to the Lake District - see Wordsworth turning over in his grave"?
Yours sincerely,
Mild Colonial Boy, Esq.
P.S. M.C. Nuts spitting out the Wordsworth Rap. Check it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment