*While casually surfing the Interweb I encountered this quite extraordinary post from "John" at Feminist Mormon Housewives. One of the more horrifying statements was:
I like talking about relationships and feelings, I knit and shop with my daughter, I indulge in non-sexual man-crushes (right now it’s Johnny Depp), I like tea parties with fancy cups and finger sandwiches, and sex for me is bit too animalistic without some level of emotional intimacy (and my libido is lower than Jana’s.)
After that dose of pure estrogen, I felt the appropriate antidote was this particular "Chopper Read" skit (STRONG LANGUAGE WARNING).
*A Pilate programme? From Scotland, Mr Eugenides comments on a truly mad piece of Nanny Statism - the £2.5m campaign to teach the Scots: How to Wash their Hands. Included on the web site are such important details as: When to wash your hands, for example, "After using the toilet" or "After touching animals or animal waste"; and most importantly of all, a ten step guide as to the proper procedure in washing your hands. Surely there must be more pressing public health campaigns in Britain - possibly teaching the British to bath/shower more than once a week?
*Kafka and Humour may seem a strange mix; but Menace at Things Move Around attempts to do the impossible by posting on edited extracts of Kafka's diaries.
*In honour of magistrate Pat O'Shane, the Sectarian Strand presents the following legal joke from Moobs (in England):
All High Court Judges get a knighthood but are then referred to, confusingly, as “my Lord” even though they are not peers. This all leads to a story told about F E Smith (a famous advocate) which it is just about possible one or two of you may not have heard. Smith, cross-examining a witness, asks:
“So, the Defendant was as drunk as a judge”
The outraged judge intervenes:
“You are in error, Mr Smith, it is ‘as sober as a judge’, what you mean to say is ‘as drunk as a Lord’”
Smith: “If you say so my Lord”.
Yours sincerely,
Mild Colonial Boy, Esq.
0 comments:
Post a Comment